I think many of android users use stock keyboard for sometime and then seek for some other alternatives which may give more features such as many language options, gesture recognisation, and many more. Currently in playstore and all over the world “Swiftkey Keyboard” is used mostly by many of people as it consists of tons of features that can simplify your typing.
There are 4 most used keyboard apps such as:
Swiftkey keyboard is excellent replacement for stock keyboard that includes tons of features like multi-language compatibility, accurate fast typing, predictions and many more.
Some features listed as:
- Provides the world’s most accurate autocorrect and next-word prediction in 60 languages
- It intelligently learns as you type, adapting to you and your way of writing
- Backup and Sync keeps your personal language insights seamlessly up to date across all your devices.
- Teach SwiftKey your writing style based on your language use from your Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Yahoo, SMS and Blog
- Enable up to three languages at once
- Naturally combine languages without having to change a setting
- SwiftKey supports contextual prediction in 61 languages and counting
- Enable up to three languages at once & Naturally combine languages without having to change a setting
- Innovative keyboard layouts and modes for a better experience for all users across all screen sizes
Average Rating: 4.6
So, these are some features that makes swiftkey a perfect keyboard alternative.
I think many of us from different OS platforms knowing about Swype keyboard where now on android too it is available at very low cost though.
- Bilingual Support: Swype now lets you enter words from two languages at once! Words suggested by Swype will automatically adjust to your bilingual language preferences.
- Gestures: Use Swype gestures for quick everyday tasks
- More customizations options: Swype lets you customize your keyboard including long-press delay, vibration duration, keyboard height and mini left/right keyboards in landscape mode.
- Personal Dictionary Backup: Swype enables you to backup your personal dictionary to the cloud and synchronize it with any Android device where Swype is installed
- Next word prediction: Swype can predict commonly used words and phrases such as “Best of the Best,” “Return of the Jedi”, “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” and “Dancing with the Stars” and hence you may say that swype can read your mind.
- Language downloads: Swype supports more than 71 downloadable languages and 20 dialects.
- Dragon dictation: Swype comes with best-in-class voice recognition so you can go hands-free and dictate text quickly with a simple press of the voice key on the Swype keyboard. Dragon allows you to see phrase-based results in near real-time without leaving the dictation UI.
- Keyboard themes: With a wide variety of themes to choose from, you can personalize the look of your Swype keyboard to one that is all your own.
- Smart touch: Swype learns your unique style of input and continuously adapts to your typing patterns for a truly personalized and accurate keyboard experience.
Average Rating: 4.3
Touchpal X keyboard is another alternative keyboard app for android users which supports 70 languages, mixed language prediction and many more features.
- TouchPal Wave: Sentence gesture, use the gesture to input commonly used phrases/sentences
- TouchPal Curve: Word gesture technology
- Sliding up or down gesture to input number or symbol
- Emoji X: Flip up Space for emoji & smileys
- Keyboard meter and speed statistics tracker
- Multiple themes available
- Contextual prediction
Average Rating: 4.3
Another alternative which is widely used with above apps is A.I type keyboard which is simply the best with simplicity and much smarter to dictate with great accuracy too.
Short-listed features are such as:
- Smarter to learn common phrases,words,etc with completing current word.
- Much accurate: You don’t have to be very precise with the keys you hit. Even if you miss keys frequently, the keyboard will understand and correct you.
- Customized layouts and themes: You can change colors, themes, background images, fonts! You can resize the keyboard by dragging the resize key! You can make you keyboard look exactly like iPhone4, Windows Phone 7 or ICS (and more!)
- With navigation buttons, you can undo and redo your changes, copy, cut and paste from the keyboard and more
- Supports so many languages: The keyboard has over 35 keyboard layouts, and other than in English
Average Rating: 4.5
So these are the best alternatives to replace stock keyboard on android phone having lots of features packed in it. But also we observed that users using smartphones with stylus like Samsung Galaxy Note II or any other may face problem in hand-writing and its predictions though, so choose your app wisely.