Motorola’s latest flagship phone Moto G getting tremendous response worldwide where in India, Flipkart is the main source for delivering this awesome phone. Also, many users already got hands-on Moto G and fallen in love too 😛
As we know, as an android phone, there are vast options of customising the device as per our need. We may flash custom kernels, custom roms, drivers and we may do many other things though. Recently, “alonsoch” a XDA-developer created a simple GUI-based tool called as “MotoTool” which will help the Moto G users to do outmarket customisations with ease methods.
Note: Basically while doing these things you must know that you are voiding your phone’s warranty as you need to unlock bootloader of your device and this tool is tested and working perfect on XT1032 Global and XT1033 Dual SIM devices also developer said that this will work for other versions too.
- Download the MotoTool(From Below Download Section)
- Unlocked Bootloader (Unlock it from here)
1)Download the tool from ZIP and Extract it to any drive.
2)After extraction, you just need to execute the application by clicking on it and you will get simple GUI based interface for various functions.
3)From within the GUI Menus, you may perform various operations on your Moto device.
Option to select OS Version from JB or KitKat
- Stock:This will flash the stock recovery (Android 4.4.2)
- TWRP:This will flash TWRP recovery in your device
- CWM:This will flash CWM recovery in your device
- Install Drivers:This will install the drivers of the Moto G(Remember to close the CMD Window when finish the installation)
- Fix Boot Logo:This will remove the warning when you unlock the bootloader,and put the normal logo(Blue M).
- Push SuperSu to SD Card:This will push supersu to your SD
- Check Connection:This will check if your device is detected by the tool(you can do this manually,go where is adb and press shift+right click, then select open command prompt there and put “adb devices” if it get detected will return a number)
Recovery:Boot into Recovery mode.
FastBoot:Reboot the device to fastboot
Restore:This will revert to fully stock device, will wipe everything and flash the image XT1032 US RETAIL version.
How to Root My Moto G?
- Push SuperSu to SD Card
- Flash Custom Recovery
- Boot to recovery from fastboot(Down scroll,Up select)
- Choose zip from sdcard
- Choose SuperSu.zip
- Flash it & Reboot
There are 2 versions of MotoTool made by dev in which 1st version will have restore function and other version don’t.
We recommend to go here on main thread to download the MotoTool and hit the thanks button for the developer. Also the tool is updated as per different things are fixed or added new, so be sure to update your tool whenever any update rolls.
The MotoTool made all the things easier as you may root/flash recovery/restore to stock at one click from within the tool’s simpe GUI interface. Still if you have any doubt or facing any problem then feel free to comment here or you may reply to the MotoTool thread too.