All those who are having android smartphones are having default file managers on their phones but they lack in certain features such as they may not having capacity of ZIP extraction, signing and combining all cloud storages to single pane, etc. So, as per our requirement and also new features we reviewed 4 different file managers which are absolutely perfect for any use.
They are as follows:
ES App Group developed an advance and very simple user interfaced file manager that comes with lots of features that are not available on any stock file managers.
Let us look what are the various features:
- Advance File Manager: Manage your files like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Hide, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark; operations can be performed on local files (on your Android device) or remotely (on your computer)
- Application Manager: categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your apps
- Remote File Manager:when enabled, manage files on your phone from your computer
- Built-in ZIP and RAR support: Which allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
- Built-in viewers and players for various file types: including photos, music, and videos; supports third-party applications, such as Documents To Go, for opening others
- Shows thumbnails for APKs and images and Text viewers and editors
- Access your home PC via WiFi with SMB
- Functions as your FTP and WebDAV client: Manage files on FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV servers just like you manage files on your SD card
- ES File Explorer is an enhanced cloud storage client with more functions than the official versions, it can save photos, videos, and other files to your internet drives and share them with others.(Supports Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Amazon S3, Yandex and more.
- Root Explorer: The ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.
So, as per mentioned above you will get nearly all features that you are hunting in any browser will be satisfied by ES File Explorer.
Average Rating: 4.8
As per the name says root, this Root Explorer is best fit for Root users where you may access whole of android file system.
Features are such as:
- Cloud storage accounts integration
- Text Editor
- Create and extract zip or tar/gzip files
- Searching for files
- Send files (via email, bluetooth etc)
- Image thumbnails, APK binary XML viewer
- Changing file owner/group,
- “Open With” facility
Average Rating: 4.7
After using ES File Explorer and Root Explorer, Root Browser is the next file manager that is used mostly.
- Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
- Create and delete directories (folders).
- Send files by email.
- Add new files & folders in any directory
- Install zips using clockwork recovery
- Execute script files
- Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
- Two file manager panels
- Batch copy/paste, zip, tar, delete, move any file or folder
- Explore apk, rar, zip & jar files
- Change file permissions and ownership
- View and edit any file
- sqlite explorer
- Extract single files from zip/apks/jars
- Search for files or folders
Average Rating: 4.6
Although above options in choosing file manager are available, there is another sleek-simple in GUI file browser is available to download knowns as “PowerGrasp File Manager” where this is mostly used by those people who are having lots of ZIPs/RAR/or any other packages and also want to edit them too but at another side this lacks many of the features that are available on other file managers available.
- Two independent pages
- Unpacking ZIP, RAR, 7z, tar, and also tar.gz
- Creating and editing ZIP, 7z, tar, and tar.gz
- File manager with the usual functions like copy, paste, delete, share and so on
From this 4 options, you may choose your file manager based on your requirement and install it. In testing of various file managers including these, we found ES File Explorer the better and very convenient file manager as it includes most if the features.