World’s Fastest Production Car from 0 – 300 km/h Hennessey Venom GT
On January 10, 2013 John Kiewicz drove the Hennessey Venom GT to a new Guinness WORLD RECORD
for a two-seat production car from 0 – 300 km/h in 13.63 seconds at Ellington Airport in Houston, Texas, USA.
By beating the record of BUGATTI VEYRON of speed 0-300 in 14.53 seconds the Hennessey Venom GT has created a world record of 0-300 in 13.63 seconds. The specifications of this supercar is as follows:
1) The performance of car is a)0-60 mph in 2.7 seconds b)0-100 mph in 5.7 seconds
c) 0-300 km/h in 13.63 seconds d) 0-200 mph (321.8688 km/h) in 14.51 seconds
The top speed of car is 278 mph(447.397 km/h)..
2) This amazing car uses V8 engine of 7 litres which draws Horsepower of 1244 bhp @6600 rpm and creates torque of 1155 lb-ft@4400 rpm. The position of engine is Mid longitudinal which uses forced induction of Twin Precision Turbo Ball Bearing Turbochargers. The oiling systems is Dry Sump Lubrication and fuel system is sequential multi port electronic fuel injection.
3) The gear transmission is Ricardo 6-speed manual. The suspension is adjustable by 2.4 inches penski colliver.
4) The 2 door Venom GT car is made up of Carbon fiber composite (cfcp) except doors & roof. The length of car is 15.27 ft. (4,655 mm) and 6.43 ft. (1,960 mm) wide and height is 2.45 ft(746.8mm) only. This car weighs up to 2,743 lbs (1,244 kilograms). The fuel capacity is 18.5 gal(70 Liter) .
5) With Hennessey only planning to build 29 Venom GTs, and one third of these having already been sold, such stomach churning acceleration will only be experienced by a select few who can also spare the car’s US$1.2 million asking price.