Take XAT to Get Into XLRI
Entrance exams are ways to select the best candidates out of the rest for a course, job or college. Nowadays, all colleges have their own entrance examination. Colleges, universities or institutes follow examination rules of a particular examination conducting body. Let’s talk about an entrance exam conducted by a popular university named XLRI – Xavier School of Management. This entrance exam is known as Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT.
XLRI has been ranked among top three best business school in India and their rankings have been featured in magazines like, Outlook, People Matters, The Week and Business India. Students graduating from XLRI are guaranteed to be recruited by Popular and Top companies through their active recruitment and placement cell. For admission to XLRI courses, you have to take XAT exam.
What is XAT?
XAT is conducted by XLRI on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT is a national level entrance exam which provides admission into management courses. The XAT score is accepted in many business schools across India. Through XAT exam, candidates can apply for following courses in XLRI:
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Business Management (BM)
- General Management Programme
When is XAT going to be held?
XAT is conducted every year and next it is going to be conducted on 8th January, 2017. The registration process for this began on 17th August 2016 and it will end on 30th November 2016. Candidates can still apply till 11th December 2016 but will have to submit late fees. XAT exam is held across 47 cities in India and will also be held in Dubai and Kathmandu.
Who can apply?
If you want to apply for the General Management Programme in XLRI, you must have the following eligibility criteria:
- a recognized bachelor’s degree of three years
- 5 Years of managerial experience by 31st March, 2017
- Cleared XAT However, GMAT Score taken between 1st December, 2014 and 20th December, 2016 is also acceptable
For other programmes in XLRI, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- a recognized bachelor’s degree of three years
- bachelor’s degree can be in any discipline
- if you are completing your final exam by 10th June, 2017, you can apply
- You must clear XAT
- NRI and Foreign candidates not appearing for XAT in Dubai and Kathmandu can apply with their GMAT Score
How to apply for XAT?
To apply for XAT, you have to visit the official website: xatonline.net.in. All applications for XAT will be filled and submitted online only. To apply for XAT, just follow simple steps:
- Register for XAT through official website: make a new account, get a unique XAT ID and registration link. Then, create a password.
- Upload Documents: Choose your test city centre, upload photo and signature. Click ‘Save’.
- Fill Application Form: Select citizenship, the XLRI course which you want to apply for, fill your preliminary information and personal contact details
- Pay the application fees: pay the fees of Rs. 1900 either through Online Payment, Cash Payment or Demand Draft. If paying through Cash or Demand Draft, update your payment details.
- Print Confirmation Page: keep the printed copy for future correspondence. If you paid through demand draft, then send a copy of Confirmation Page and Demand Draft to following address before 15 days from issuing of demand draft:
The Chairperson Admission
XLRI, Circuit House Area (East),
- Take a print-out of your admit card on December 20th, 2016 onwards.
XAT Exam Pattern:
In your preparation for XAT, it is important that you start by studying the exam pattern of XAT. This will help you to cover all sections and will explain the time to be allotted to each section. The quick exam pattern of XAT is listed below: –
|Total number of Sections||5; divided in two parts: A and B|
|Time Duration||210 minutes
Part A: 170 minutes Part B: 35 minutes
|Negative Marking||Yes -1/4th mark on every wrong answer
-0.05 marks on unattempted answer
However, this deduction not valid for 13 unattempted answers
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions having 5 options out of which one is correct|
|Part A Sub-sections||Quantitative Ability/ Data Interpretation, English Language & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making/ Analytical Reasoning|
|Part B Sub-Sections||General Awareness, Essay Writing|
To conclude, XAT is a popular all India level exam whose score will not only get you admitted to plenty of business schools in India but with XAT you are also eligible to apply for management programmes of XLRI – Xavier School of Management. So, take XAT to apply in XLRI! All the best. 😀
Latest posts by Pavan Jadhav (see all)
- Shop the Exclusive Wonderboom Portable Bluetooth Speaker Only on Souq - Aug 17, 2018
- The Top 7 Gaming Chairs to Buy on a Budget - Aug 16, 2018
- The 10 Most Common Mistakes in Writing Blog Posts - Aug 15, 2018