MIUI For Galaxy Grand Duos Available Now [Video Review]
Wait is over to get hands on MIUI ROM for Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS (GT-I9082/L). With the Starting of Gennxt Rom made by Baldeep Singh now XDA Developer “Aditya Fattepurkar” had managed to release superb MIUI ROM where MIUI based on CyanogenMod 10.1 and Android v 4.1.2 JB.
Here, MIUI is pronounced as “My UI” or “Me You I“. MIUI have its own beauty with awesome graphics and smooth performance.
We have already reviewed MIUI on our Galaxy Grand Device and also the short video review too made as per follows.
We have got many new features and also few bugs but they will be soon fixed by dev. So, let us take a look at features of MIUI ROM made for galaxy grand.
Notification Pulldown consists : Notifications and Toggles
Also you get layout options to change the look of your notification pulldown toggles.
Themes Market:Try new themes from the MIUI theme market app
No app drawer like we have on Samsung stock firmware as all the apps are shown on homescreen directly
New Icon set with Better Graphics
Easy to use task manager with which you may free RAM in one click
Direct call-recording option in calling menu
MI-File explorer included with CyanogenMod File manager too
Mi-Apps included as per follows:
- MI-Movie Studio
- MI-Video Player
- MI-Security Centre
- Apollo Music Player
This MIUI rom has good battery backup with great performance whenever you use your phone.
Bugs we found:
- Only 1 SIM Working
- You can’t send sms, as it will show error
- Call Recoder is not working currently
- Whatsapp can’t be configured by SMS but you may configure it by Call
- Music and gallery don’t auto recognize content in SD card you have to refresh for it
How to Flash:
As per developer, this version of MIUI will work if you have Android 4.1.2 Stock Samsung firmware as it will not work on 4.2.2 upgraded firmwares. So, you need to do following steps:
- Download the MIUI Rom file from Here
- Download this Gapps package too if you want play store and other google apps on your phone.
- Transfer it on your External SD card
- Downgrade to 4.1.2 by flashing PDA File of 4.1.2 samsung stock firmware with the help of Odin if you are using 4.2.2 firmware/rom.
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery on the device after flashing 4.1.2 Stock Fw.
- Go to CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery) and Wipe Data + Cache
- Flash MIUI Rom .ZIP file from the options
- Wipe Data/Cache and Wipe dalvik cache from “advanced” menu
- Reboot your device and you are ready to boot MIUI on your Galaxy Grand.
Overall after reviewing and trying it thoroughly, we really liked the MIUI ROM as it consists of different new features, apps and many more things. Even if there are few bugs in MIUI rom but it still rocks with its different feature set from others.
Give thanks to Developer here as this will help him to build more cool things for your galaxy grand and and also you may find more info on ROM too.
Latest posts by Pavan Jadhav (see all)
- 5 Facts you should know about Ireland before booking a holiday - Dec 11, 2018
- 3 Tips to Playing at a Budget Casino in New Zealand - Dec 10, 2018
- 4 Tips to Find a New Job Quickly - Dec 3, 2018