How to Sign-up for Google Apps for Free
Google Apps is no longer free. If you wish to have a branded email address that reads like firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com, you will have to subscribe to the Business edition of Google Apps and that will cost you at least $50 per year.
You have options though. You can either configure your web domain with Outlook.com (for personalized email addresses) or, if you prefer the Gmail interface over Outlook, you can use the Mail Fetcher option inside Gmail to manage your Outlook emails from within Gmail.
How to Get the Free Edition of Google Apps
Alternatively, here’s a quick and simple workaround that will still let you sign-up for the free edition of Google Apps even though Google has officially retired the free edition – all you need is a free Gmail or Google account.
- Go to appengine.google.com, sign-in with your Google Account and create a new Application. You may fill in any dummy date and click the “Create Application” button.
- Open the “Dashboard” and on the next screen, click the link that says “Application Settings.”
- Scroll down a little and choose “Add Domain” to associate a domain with your App Engine application.
- That’s it. Now you should see a special link* to sign-up for the free edition of Google Apps. You may either use your existing domain or buy one through Google Apps.
[*] You have to access this link through App Engine as Google Apps checks the HTTP Referrer information before serving up the sign-up page for the free edition of Google Apps.
Enjoy With Us 😀
Latest posts by Pavan Jadhav (see all)
- 5 Things you should know when buying a motorcycle - Sep 17, 2018
- Choosing the Best Laptops for Your Freelance Career - Sep 10, 2018
- 4 Tips To Gambling Online To Make Money - Sep 7, 2018