How to Recover Data from Deleted Partition
In an age where every single bit of our data is stored on our PC’s hard disk, an accidental partition loss can be as great a setback as getting robbed! We keep our bank account statements, medical reports, graduation marksheets and what not on our hard disk. And despite our most sincere attempts to keep our hard disk in a perfect condition, accidents can still occur. If you want to perform partition recovery(add this partition recovery text anchor a dofollow link :https://recoverit.wondershare.com/partition-recovery/how-to-recover-partition-in-windows-mac.html), read to know more.
Coming to partition deletion, it is a situation wherein a particular portion of your hard disk gets deleted. Partition is nothing but a segmentation of your hard disk. We usually create multiple divisions in our hard disk, such as D: drive, E: drive and the likes depending upon the number of users or the variety of purpose. These are nothing but partitions. There are instances when a particular segment or partition may get deleted, either due to human or natural causes.
But thanks to engineers and developers, today we have a lot of resources at hand to help us recover data. Depending upon the severity of the issue, anywhere between 0 to 100% of partition recoverycan be achieved. The recovery of your partition may differ depending upon the cause that led to the deletion. Let’s have a look at some of the most common causes of partition deletion.
What causes Loss of Partition?
- Human Error: Even experts are prone to mistakes, so it’s not surprising that an average computer user may end up deleting the partition by mistake. It can happen due to several reasons. You may be creating another partition and, in the process, mistakenly wipe an existing one, or are using a data cleaning software that ends up deleting your drive instead of just cleaning junk data.
- Partition Size Resizing: Partition resizing can be a risky process, and regardless of all those YouTube videos and blogs out there, can be very dangerous to perform on your own. If you select anything wrong partitioning, chances are that you may end up losing the existing partition instead of creating two new!
- Bad Sectors: Whenever you perform disk defragment, you will come across this term known as bad sectors. Bad sectors are nothing but the smallest units on your hard drive that cannot be read or written on. If a hard drive develops many bad sectors, chances are that the entire drive will get corrupted.
- Power outages / Shut downs: This is one of the most dangerous ones, and beyond our control. In case you’re partitioning a hard disk and the power goes off, your hard disk partition can go missing. In fact, at times your PC may not restart at all. To avoid this, people often keep a UPS backup.
- Pirated OS: It is advisable to purchase an original operating system. A pirated or duplicate one may cause your entire system to malfunction, and at times may be more susceptible to viruses. If your system regularly malfunctions, your hard disk may suffer, thereby leading to issues like loss of partition.
- Virus: One of the most common reasons for loss of data, data theft, and loss of partition is virus infection. Viruses, malwares, adware etc. can enter your PC in seemingly harmless ways but end up creating a havoc that can cost you a lot. That’s why it is advisable to have a good anti-virus tool installed on your PC. In an effort to save a few hundreds on anti-virus, you may end up losing invaluable data.
How to recover data from deleted / lost partition?
You will find a lot of ways to recover lost data, but not all of them are effective. Wondershare Recoverit data recoveryis a tool specially built for lost partition recovery. It works on both Windows and Mac, and supports many hard drive formats such as FAT32, NTFS, HFS, HFS+, HFSX, EXT2, EXT3 and the likes. Regardless of the type of error that caused loss of partition, Recoverit partition recovery will help you in retrieving your data within minutes.
It is effective against data loss that occurs in situations like system crash, unexpected power outage, accidental deletion of partition, improper partition resizing etc. It’s available for free, but you can even purchase the premium version and enjoy the benefits of data recovery from bootable drives and deep scan.
How does Recoverit data recovery work?
Here’s a step by step guide to recover deleted partitionby using Recoverit partition recovery software .
Open the Recoverit data recovery software. You will see about 8 options on the load screen. Select Lost Partition Recovery. This feature is used to retrieve deleted, lost, or hidden data.
Choose the partition from which you want to recover your data. Press the Start button to enable the software to scan your device.
After the software scans your partition, it will display a list of all the files and folders it has been able to retrieve. However, in case you don’t find the data you are looking for, you can use the premium feature called ‘All-around Recovery’.
With “All-around Recovery” will show you more lost data. You can select the files that you want to recover, and click on ‘Recover’ to get them back.
Recoverit partition recovery has been trusted by over 5 million users worldwide. If you are looking for a data recovery solution, look no further. Try Recoverit free data recovery version for files up to 100 MB. For more advanced data recovery, you can try their premium version.
Latest posts by Pavan Jadhav (see all)
- 5 Facts you should know about Ireland before booking a holiday - Dec 11, 2018
- 3 Tips to Playing at a Budget Casino in New Zealand - Dec 10, 2018
- 4 Tips to Find a New Job Quickly - Dec 3, 2018