Best Apps to Run Linux Distro on Android Device
We already written on how to choose best Linux Distro to be used on Computer, Now If we say that You may carry or install Any Linux Distro on your Own Android Smartphone then you will be true Linux Geek along with you will learn many of things in better way.
Android itself based on linux architecture but it”s of low level computing as per Hardware Support and many of other things. You may even use to run Few basic Commands of Linux on your Android Smartphone but many of other commands and their options will not execute. So, For getting fully loaded Linux Distribution on your Smartphone you will be needing help of following Applications as they do work with ease!
Following are the main Apps available in Play Store for Running Linux Distro on Android Smartphone, there are few conditions that should be satisfied by your Device else it may won”t work on your Device.
Project of LinuxOnAndroid.org introduced the simple and Easy to do installations of Linux Distro on Any Supported Android Smartphone. It will allow you to install a full Linux distro without touching your Android installation or breaking it!
Your Device Must Be Rooted
Kernel that supports loop devices (See Here for known working kernels and ROMs)
Armv7 processor (Debian does work on Armv6 but other distros do not)
As much free RAM as possible (Are you are after all installing a desktop OS)
This is the Free Version with low Functionality but you may go with Full Version by Donating to them and getting a Donation key.
If you want further more help, Get on The Developer”s Forum for Better Understanding.
Install guides for Ubuntu 10.10 and 12.04, Backtrack and Debian
All future Linux distros I support
Both Torrent and Normal download options
Overall Average Rating: 4.3
Linux Deploy is Free Open Source Application which provides quick and easy installation of Linux Distro on your Android Device. This App creates a disk image on the SD Card,mount it and install OS Distro. Like above mentioned app, Linux Deply too needed Root Permissions i.e, Your Device must be rooted.
The whole Installation is done in front of you while Installing a new operating system takes about 30 minutes. As per Recommendation minimum size of a disk image should be of 1024 MB (for LXDE), without a GUI – 512 MB. When you install Linux in disk image on the flash card with the FAT32 file system, image size should not exceed 4095 MB!
- Supported distributions: Debian, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Fedora, openSUSE, Kali Linux, Gentoo
- Installation type: file, partition, directory
- Supported file systems: ext2, ext3, ext4
- Control interface: SSH, VNC, X, framebuffer
- Desktop environment: XTerm, LXDE, Xfce, GNOME, KDE
- Supported languages: English, Russian
Overall Average Rating: 4.6
In the list, this is next App with low functionality but not much complex to use. Your Device must be rooted for the perfect working of app along with stable internet connection.
This version of App will give only Commandline handling of OS and so you will need to go for “Linux Installer Advanced” version which is Paid one!
Further More info on Play store link given above.
Overall Average Rating: 3.8
Linux Autoloader app is Different than all above mentioned apps as it mounts the fileimage or partition too over from your SD Card. Whole Linux Profiles management is done through chroot.
This app built in support for swap usage, transportable and interchange-able home directories, as well as advanced error management and recovery. This app has built-in Diagnostic tool to check for Errors and show appropriate Ways to correct them.
The Control Panel of app allows you to boot straight into the Linux System terminal, just start VNC and update different system files, or load in your home directory.
- A rooted device
- Busybox installed
- Built-in automatic VNC screen size setting that detects proper screen to set for ANY device.
- Enhanced Detection to differentiate in Internal Storage and External storage.
- The ONLY Linux boot utility to properly detect an dedicated ext2/4 partition on your SDCard
- Provides a Profile system to help manage settings across multiple Images and partitions
- Size of App varies with the Different Device and this application is paid which costs less than 1$!
Overall Average Rating: 5.0
These are the easy and simple ways to Run or install Any Good Linux Distro on your Android Smartphone like you do on A Normal Computer. With These you may carry your Linux Distro and do lot more if you want to have a better command on Linux Operating System.
NOTE: We don”t take any Responsibility for any damage done by above apps.
Thanks To Ramanuj Shastri For The Idea
[Images & Links Courtesy: Play Store]
Latest posts by Pavan Jadhav (see all)
- What Should You Be Looking for in An Extended Warranty Policy for Your Smartphone? - Jan 18, 2019
- The Rise of Esports: 5 Common Health Risks to Be Vary of If You Decide to Become a Pro Gamer - Jan 10, 2019
- Landscape Website Design:10 Ways To Improve Your Landscaping Website’s Homepage - Jan 10, 2019